1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications, tools, surveys, or your profile for the RRC directory (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as your RRC Account.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Provide a directory of CRS Designees as outlined in Part 5.
- Track usage of our sites.
3. RRC does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages that have been approved by RRC for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Approved Providers for the purpose of notifying you of RRC-approved member benefit programs.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting members with a direct mail piece approved by RRC offering a product or a service which would be of interest to our members.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. As a member benefit, the Council provides its’ members with a referral directory of all CRS Designees. The directory is provided in both print and online. The print versions are sent to all members once a year and the online version is accessible to both members and the public at large, without the need to register at crs.com. The copyrighted RRC membership directory is provided for your personal use for the exclusive purpose of identifying CRS designees who can provide real estate services. Any other use of the directory or information obtained from the directory, including reproduction, display, downloading or retransmission, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of the RRC is prohibited. The information provided in the directory is believed accurate, but is not guaranteed by the RRC and the RRC disclaims any liability arising out of the use of this directory. CRS Designees may opt-out of having their contact information appear in all versions of the referral directory. To opt-out; you may contact a Customer Service Representative at 800.462.8841.
6. Our website enables you to send e-mail to us or third parties, and to participate in public bulletin boards and discussions groups. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communications with us, or anyone else, you may expect to be contacted in return. Also remember that our bulletin boards and discussion groups are open to the public-what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected by CRS.com. Please use your own discretion when deciding what to post publicly and whom to contact.
8. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
9. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
10. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Preferences by reviewing your profile in your RRC Account. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences.
11. You may edit your personal contact information directly in your RRC Account or by contacting our Customer Service Department.
If you have any concerns about our privacy practices you may contact us at 800.462.8841