The crypto-technology wave has hit the real estate industry and as it has other markets. Blockchain, digital wallets, smart contracts, real estate tokenization is revolutionizing the real estate profession with DeFi and crypto based mortgages changing ownership models as we speak. In real estate, that is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. Many investors believe that real estate tokenization may change the rules for property rights, investors, and the way capital is raised. It is estimated that the 2021 market cap for real estate tokenization stood at over $27 million. This training will bring a competitive edge to agents looking to be a leader in this field.
Crypto-enabled services are the future.
After successful completion of the certification, students will be able to:
- Identify cryptocurrency, marketplaces, and potential clients
- Work with and use cryptocurrency and smart contracts in a real estate transaction
- Adapt to the future of Real Estate Tokenization and STOs
- Advise their clients on the pros and cons of using cryptocurrency in a transactions
- Market their expertise to prospective home buyers and sellers
- Understand and adapt the NAR Code of Ethics in terms of being a crypto agent
Requirements for Certification
This certification will ask potential students to complete two (2) eLearnings and a one (1) hour webinar. After successful completion of all three components, totaling seven (7) hours of learning and scores of 70% or better on both exams, students will receive the certification.
In trend with the course topic, all education offerings will be made available online (asynchronous).